Advancing Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) through interaction and cross-fertilization of ideas of all interested people to:
- Popularize, promote and disseminate scientific information and technology transfer for national development.
- Contribute to the development of national Science and Technology policy.
- Collaborate with industry to set national research agenda.
- Establish linkages with industry to promote the transfer and application of Science.
- Seek affiliation and foster cooperative links with other national and international organizations.
To become a dominant voice in Science and Technology advocacy by promoting and popularizing Science and Technology to meet national developmental needs.
- Organization and participation in scientific conferences, workshops, seminars, symposia, public lectures, quizzes and science fairs.
- Promotion of carrier development of scientists in Universities and Research Institutes in Ghana and elsewhere.
- Publication of the scientific journal, magazines and books (e.g. Journal of the Ghana Science Association and Everyday Science for Schools magazine).
- Training programmes for mathematics and science teachers to improve the teaching and learning of these subjects in schools and colleges of Education
Issues of national importance have been regularly and consistently highlighted at biennial workshops, conferences etc. Communiqués had been submitted to Government and other stakeholders on very topical themes to help shape national policies.
Get access to our constitution now